NHSC Corps Community Day 2013
Thursday, October 10, 2013
The Michigan Area Health Education Center (MI-AHEC), Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH), and Michigan Center for Rural Health (MCRH) have teamed up with Wayne State University, Central Michigan University, Grand Valley State University, and the University of Detroit Mercy to host a video conference on National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Community Day 2013. During this hour-long event, students on multiple campuses will learn how to get money to attend school or pay student loans if they pursue a career in primary care. NHSC Ambassador Steve Shotwell of the Michigan Center for Rural Health wil be the featured speaker.
Participating students must be enrolled or accepted in one of the following disciplines: medicine (MD or DO), dentistry (DDS or DMD), nurse practitioner, or physician assistant.
The videoconference will be held at the following locations:
Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant Students | 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Central Michigan University | College of Medicine/Dow College of Health Professions - Download flyer for this site
- Grand Valley State University | Kirkhof College of Nursing - Download flyer (PDF) for this site
- Wayne State University | College of Nursing - Download flyer (PDF) for this site
- University of Detroit Mercy | McAuley School of Nursing/College of Health Professions - Download flyer (PDF) for this site
Medical Students | 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Wayne State University | School of Medicine - Download flyer (PDF) for this site
Dental Students | Time TBA
- University of Detroit Mercy | School of Dentistry - Download flyer (PDF) for this site
For more information, contact MI-AHEC at (313) 577-5161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship Program Resources
Loan Repayment Program Resources