News and Announcements
Western Michigan University Seeks Director for Western Regional Area Health Education Center
Director, Western Regional Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
Western Michigan University (Kalamazoo, Michigan)
Commensurate with experience and qualifications, with excellent benefits
- Directs all aspects of the Western Regional Area Health Education Center of the statewide Area Health Education Center (AHEC).
- Directs all aspects of the WERC, including finances, programs, community relations, marketing and communications, and personnel.
- Plans and directs programs with academic and community partners based on needs analysis. Develops and monitors annual work plans, consistent with AHEC mission and needs assessment and state/federal rules. Involves staff and community partners in needs assessment, and review/revise plans as necessary.
- Selects, trains and directs staff in delivery of AHEC programming, including planning, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Manages all financial and budgetary aspects of the Center. Ensures budgetary integrity and accurate reporting to state and federal agencies. Maintain fiscal control and implement fiscal policies of Michigan Area Health Education Center (at Wayne State University) and WMU. Ensures compliance with expectations of the MI-AHEC and governmental regulations. Develops long term fiscal self-sufficiency via legislation, grants and other funding sources.
- Supervises data collection and analysis. Ensures data is accurate and presented clearly to internal and external constituents, agencies and organizations. Provides all required documentation, tracking and evaluation reports to MI-AHEC. Communicates with partners so data is understood. Maintain WERC key stakeholder database. Ensures compliance with all reporting requirements with MI-AHEC.
- Directs media relations, marketing, and fund-raising initiatives and community relations at the local, state and national levels. Represents the Center through extensive contact with professional organizations, community and business leaders, healthcare constituencies and serves on the MI-AHEC Advisory Council and other entities required by contracts or agreements.
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, public administration, healthcare or education administration or other health-related field.
- Six (6) years of related experience in the development, delivery and evaluation of health care services, or related community educational or administrative services.
- Ability to travel throughout Michigan including some evenings and weekends.
Master’s degree in a related field
Required Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter highlighting your qualifications
Special Instructions to Applicants
- This is a terminal appointment with an end date of July 31, 2013 with possibility of renewal.
- A simultaneous internal and external search for qualified candidates has been approved. Applications for transfer will be evaluated with external applications.
January 27, 2013
Apply online at www.wmich.edu/hr/careers-at-wmu.html. (In the Job Title field, search for the following position in the drop down menu: Director WERC Area Health Education Center.)