Michigan HOSA State Leadership Conference 2021
Hello and congratulations on your achievement of earning a place at the Michigan HOSA Virtual State Leadership Conference 2021!
In the past, the Michigan AHEC (Area Health Education Center) Northern Lower Regional Center has attended the State Leadership Conference as an exhibitor, sharing information about various healthcare careers. This year, the Northern Lower AHEC is excited to be able to offer two different opportunities to support your journey to a healthcare career!
The first opportunity is a free, pre-paid subscription to Virtual Job Shadow and LifePath Career Exploration Course. Whether you have decided your career path or not, these online tools will benefit you in the months to come. We have a limited number of seats available. You can use the tools and resources that you need when you need them. The seat license normally costs $66.00 but is free to you, courtesy of Northern Lower AHEC.
Virtual Job Shadow provides:
- Over 1,000 job shadowing and career advice videos.
- A comprehensive nation-wide college and job search engine, filtering by location, degree, tuition, financial aid, internships, work-based learning, and more.
- Career and interest assessments to assist with skill and interest development.
LifePath Career Exploration Course provides:
- A stand-alone, comprehensive career guidance resource using the Canvas platform.
- The 17-module course assists in determining your career aspirations, devising a plan to achieve those aspirations, and enacting a plan of action.
- Topics include: Strength and Interests, Career Clusters, Education Options, Career Research and Exploration, Goal Setting, Soft Skills Development, Relationship Building, Workplace Communication and Ethics, Resume and Interview Skill Building, Career Portfolio Development, and Financial Literacy.
The second opportunity is a free flash drive that contains a virtual tour of MidMichigan Community Health Services, a community health center in rural, northern Michigan, and healthcare career information sheets that provide a job description, median salary, education required, and job outlook for over 40 careers in healthcare.
To receive one, or both, of these items, please follow this link to fill out a short survey and your contact information: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PFMLKRM. The Virtual Job Shadow registration information will be emailed to you, and the flash drive will be mailed to you. Both items are available on a first-come, first-served basis, so be sure to submit your information now.
As always, if there is anything we can do to further support your goal of working in a healthcare career, please contact our office.